Christmas is not just about spending time with your friends and family. It’s a good time to make more money as a business and get people to visit your store or website by offering special discounts, and email marketing is a great way to let people know about these deals.
Sending an email on Christmas is also a good way to build a connection with your subscribers, which helps build a successful brand, and it all begins with a good email subject line.
Importance of the subject line in your Christmas email
The subject line of an email is the first thing your subscriber sees, and this alone can decide whether your email will be opened. You can have the most beautifully designed email and great offers inside, but if your subject line is not compelling, your email is likely to remain unopened.
- A compelling subject line can increase your open rates.
- A holiday-specific subject line can create urgency and excitement.
With these in mind, let’s look into some email subject lines that you can use in your upcoming emails for this Christmas.
Subject lines for Christmas sales/discount
- Free Christmas themed socks with every order
- Jingle all the way to savings: Our Christmas deals are live!
- Unwrap joy: Our exclusive Christmas collection has arrived!
- Warm wishes and hot deals: Christmas delights await
- Santa’s workshop: Gifting ideas for Christmas 2023 🎁
- Sleigh your shopping list with our Christmas specials!
- This is the season to sparkle: Our Christmas glam collection is here
- Gifts that keep on giving: Shop our Christmas bestsellers
- Santa’s secret sale: Exclusive discounts inside
- Wrap up the year with our Christmas countdown deals
- 18 Christmas gifting ideas for your wife/kids/friends/family
- Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list
- Last-minute Christmas shopping made easy
- Last day to get orders delivered before 25th 🗓️
- Fashionable finds for a stylish Christmas
- Save 55% this Christmas
Miscellaneous subject line for Christmas
- Christmas finds delivered to your inbox 🎄✨
- Merry and Bright: Read about our wonderland!
- Savor the season: Our Christmas treats awaits for you 🍬🎁
- Tips to make this Christmas special
- 19 Christmas dress ideas
- Christmas recipes that you’ll love ❤️
Christmas subject line for greetings
- 🎄✨ Wishing you a Merry Christmas filled with joy and cheer
- Warmest wishes for a Jolly Christmas and Happy New Year
- 🌟 May your days be merry and bright — Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- Embracing the magic of the season: Merry Christmas to You
- Sending love and festive cheer your way this Christmas 🎅
- ⛄ Wishing you a season of peace, love, and joy — Merry Christmas
- Cheers to a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year
- May your home be filled with laughter and love—Merry Christmas 🌲
- 🌠 Season’s Greetings: Wishing you a joyous Christmas celebration
- Warm wishes for a cosy and Merry Christmas with your loved ones
- Twinkling lights and heartfelt delights: Merry Christmas
- 🌟 Sending you holiday hugs and Christmas kisses
- ❄️ May your days be merry and your heart be light—Merry Christmas
- Blessings of the season: Wishing you a happy and joyous Christmas
- ⛄ Sparkling lights, warm nights: Wishing you a magical Christmas!
Popular emojis to use in subject line
While you can use almost all emojis, provided they go well with your subject line, there are a few that will work with almost all the subject lines.
Here’s a short list of popular emojis for Christmas email subject lines:
- Santa — 🎅
- Christmas Tree — 🎄
- Gifts — 🎁
- Snowman — ☃️
Tips for Christmas emails
Here are some practical tips that you should follow as a marketer this year when creating your emails.
- Personalise your email: It’s an old tip, but it always works. Try to begin the email with the subscriber’s name and, if possible, add the same to your subject line as well. Apart from this, try to tailor the content inside based on their profile, past purchases and any other relevant data.
- Include a clear call-to-action (CTA): Every email needs a purpose, whether it’s to check out your Christmas sale or share a holiday greeting. Make sure your CTA is visible, actionable, and related to the main message of the email.
- Keep it simple: While your email should have a festive feel, avoid overwhelming your subscribers with too much information. Less is more. Prioritise your main message and keep the layout easy to navigate.
- Proofread your email: Proofreading is vital, especially during the holiday season when all hands are on deck. Make sure your content is free of grammatical errors, broken links, and incorrect details about offers or gifts.
- Test your email: Before hitting the send button, always test your email. Send it to yourself, or a colleague, to see how it appears on different devices and whether all things are working correctly.
- Add personality: Adding personality to your Christmas email is a great way to connect with your audience on a more individual level. This acts as a way to build long-lasting connection and a perception of the brand in the user’s mind.
By implementing these tips, you can ensure your Christmas emails not only grab attention, but also engage your audience and drive engagement. Remember, the aim of your email is not just to sell, but also to build and sustain relationships.
That’s all you would need to get started with a successful email campaign for this Christmas. Also, you don’t need to stick with the subject lines mentioned above and can use your creativity to come up with one that suits your marketing campaign.
Now, put on that Santa hat and start building your email campaign for Christmas with EmailOctopus.